onsdag den 23. marts 2011

Lynrd Skynrd - Sweet Home Alabama


This is a live performance by Southern rock band Lynrd Skynrd playing their song "Sweet Home Alabama" live. The song originally appeared on the band's second album titled "Second Helping" which was released in 1974. The song was the second single released from the album, prior to this "Don't Ask Me No Questions" was released and the third single of the album was "Free Bird".
The song was surrounded by controversy due to the fact that it was written as a reply to a song by Neil Young. Also the lyrics were interoperated by the public media to "support" or at least reference a former governor of Alabama who was pro segregation. I could write much more about this, but I don't feel like it's necessary. I'm not American nor was I around when this controversy occurred. To me it's always simply been a good song with lyrics that you can sing along to and a great instantly recognisable guitar riff. Now that's the recipe for a good song in my book.

Enjoy ; )

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar