torsdag den 10. februar 2011

Gary Moore - Still Got the Blues (In Loving Memory of Gary Moore)


This is a live performance by blues and rock guitarist Gary Moore playing what is probably known as his signature song, or at least his most well known song of his solo career.
As I just recently found out, Gary Moore has passed. He died in a hotel room during a vacation at the age of 58. The specific date has been dated to the early hours of 6 February. The reason I'm just posting about it now is that I just recently found out. It hasn't gotten a lot of media attention which is a little sad, because he was a great guitarist in both rock and blues and hugely successful (at least in Europe). I haven't seen a lot of media coverage in neither the American media or the European media which is why I'm a little delayed with this.
I think it is tragic in that he died at age 58 in what seems to be a sudden death. And we know that he was still making music. His latest record was released in 2008 and he seemed to still be energetic and have plenty of music left in him. And that's the sad part, all of that beautiful, soulful and rocking music we'll be missing out on.
I also always felt that Gary never got the full recognition he deserved. I mean he was somewhat well known as a blues and rock guitarist and as an influence on a lot of people spanning a broad spectrum of genres, but he never really got enough recognition. He was never really placed in the same league as Clapton, SRV and Hendrix. And in my book he ranks right up there with them. I know you should never rank guitarist, and I'm not comparing them, but Gary deserved a broader audience and he deserved to be one of those guys who everyone knows, and I don't think he is. And that's sad.
What we can do now is simply try and remember all of the beautiful music Gary has brought us. He brought us everything from hard rock to slow blues and he did it in his own style. And that's quite an accomplishment in my book. I mean he can play rock guitar and still also play blues in his own style with the same amount of feeling as the greats.

Below are a list of links to previous posts I posted featuring Gary Moore. Remember: The best memory is one's music, so click them and remember Gary for all the good music he brought.
Gary Moore - Don't Believe a Word
Gary Moore - The Stumble
Gary Moore - Dust My Broom
Gary Moore and Albert King - Stormy Monday

Gary Moore you will be missed.
R.I.P.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar