fredag den 11. februar 2011

Gary Moore - Parisenne Walkways


This is yet another live performance by guitarist extraordinaire Gary Moore. I still felt like it was important to remember, and decided to post yet another one of Gary's performances. I explained this thoroughly in yesterday's post. I think this is one of Moore's best guitar pieces, and it's definitely on my top three of his stuff.
The song was originally released in 1979 on Moore's album "Back on the Streets". It featured guest vocals by Thin Lizzy front man Phil Lynott who also co-wrote the song with Moore.
The song is known for it's mellow slow melody and Moore's bluesy playing on it. It is probably also known for Moore's super-sustained note in the song. He also does this trick here, and it is probably something that could only be performed with a Gibson Les Paul and the skill of Gary Moore, it's quite amazing in my opinion. Moore really plays an emotional and very well fitting solo on this. The performance is from a tribute concert to Phil Lynott from 2005.
And now we neither have Moore or Lynott. Kind of sad to think about. But any ways. One of Moore's best songs in my opinion.

Enjoy, and remember Moore's music, never forget it.
Gary R.I.P.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar