onsdag den 23. februar 2011

Blue Rodeo - Diamond Mine


This is the music video to the song "Diamond Mine" by Canadian band Blue Rodeo. To be honest, I didn't really know this band until recently when I heard this song. So I still don't know a whole lot or have heard a lot of their stuff. I really like this song however!
The band has been around since 1985 and still exists today. The three consistent members are Jim Cuddy, Greg Keelor and Bazil Donovan. Jim and Greg both sing and play guitar in the group. The other members have been switched throughout the career of the band.
Wikipedia quotes the band as a pop and country rock band. I can definitely hear that, but on this song I personally hear some different things that they sound similar to. I hear a bit of "The Doors" as they have that organ going on in the background, I also hear something that sounds similar to Oasis (though Oasis got their breakthrough later than Blue Rodeo) and the guitar parts sound a lot like the ones you'd find in a Roy Orbison song. But hey that's just my take on it.
The single was released in 1989 and it's from the album of the same name. It reached no. 7 in Canadian charts, it was the first single from the album and the most successful single of that album.
I really think this is a very good pop song influenced by many different rock sub-genres adding to a very good song.

Enjoy ; )

1 kommentar: