onsdag den 25. maj 2011

Katie Webster - I'm Bad


This is a live performance by blues legend Katie Webster performing her song "I'm Bad" live in the 90's, the performance is from Tromsø in Norway.
Katie Webster is known as a prominent artist within the boogie-woogie and swamp blues genres.
I actually only recently discovered who Katie was. She is not one of the most well known people and by that I mean that if you're just getting into blues you'll discover her, but not at first. I discovered her from the SRV album "Solos, Sessions & Encores" where Stevie plays guitar on one of Katie's songs at a live show. It's a great album and I highly recommend it. And if you're a fan of blues it'll probably introduce you to a couple of new artists.
The studio version of this song appears on Webster's 1991 album "No Foolin'!". There's no doubt that the song's lyrics borrow heavily from other blues songs, such as: Mannish Boy, I'm in the Mood and I'm Bad Like Jesse James. It's sort of Katie's own take on all of these classics showing them appreciation and doing her own thing with it.
It's a great performance. The only thing that sort of spoil it a little is the fact that an announcer speaks over the last part of the song. It's a TV recording, but still it's a shame. A great performance though!

Enjoy ; )

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar