fredag den 20. maj 2011

Jimi Hendrix - Villanova Junction


This is a live performance by rock god Jimi Hendrix performing the instrumental song "Villanova Junction". The performance is from the Rainbow Bridge in Maui, Hawaii, from 1970.
The song first appeared at Woodstock where it was part of the recorded set that consisted of jam based recordings.
Hendrix is playing a Gibson Flying V in this performance and I really love the cleaner tone he gets from this. Probably the humbucker pick-ups.
You can definitely hear the influence Hendrix has later had on newer artists on songs like this. It is very clear that for instance Stevie Ray Vaughan has been influenced by songs like this on his own songs like "Lenny" and "Riviera Paradise". Just the groove, tempo, expressive nature, and also slightly on the modes Hendrix uses. I must stress that this is merely what I hear when listening to this, I have no sources that confirms my assumptions other than my own personal analysis.
It's a great performance and a great song. And the sound is just excellent on this which is really nice too.

Enjoy ; )

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar