fredag den 15. april 2011

Rory Gallagher – I Take What I Want


This is a live performance by Irish guitar, folk and blues legend Rory Gallagher playing his version of the classic soul song “I Take What I Want”.
The song was written by David Porter, Mabon Hodges and soul legend Isaac Hayes. And it has been done by a large number of artists such as: Aretha Franklin and Rory Gallagher who are probably the most famous artists who have done this song.
Gallagher’s studio recorded version of this song was released on his 1975 album “Against the Grain”. And besides two other tracks on the album all tracks were originals composed by Gallagher.
I love Gallagher’s performance of this. It’s like he fuses rock ‘n’ roll with soul music in this as there are still some soul elements in there. Gallagher does an amazing solo and so does Lou Martin on the keyboard. It’s a great song and a great performance by Gallagher and band.

Enjoy ;-)

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar